Portable Digital Library is an innovative, offline multimedia-based learning solution for students with a focus on education, where students do not need the Internet to access the knowledge base. It is a unique system where the students can connect to the knowledge server through Wi-Fi-based devices like smartphones, tablets, and computers, without having to pay for internet and data usage charges and watch videos, listen to podcasts or read eBooks.
“Digital libraries” consist of a collection of digital resources that may have existed only in digital form, or have been converted from another form to digital. These resources are generally stored in a broad range of formats and can be accessed by users over a computer network. Such libraries have many advantages in that they can be updated on a daily basis and can be accessed instantly by users
How does it work??
- It can create a local Wi-Fi hotspot for content delivery solution with a range of 20m to 2KM.
- A plug-n-play application allows its users to access preloaded content.
- It can cater from 20 users to a university campus of 20,000+ users.
- All logged-in Portable Digital Library (PDL) users can watch different types of content simultaneously.
- Content can be loaded locally and/or centrally too and can be viewed at blazing speed on any Wi-Fi device without internet devices including mobiles, tablets, laptops, computers, and smart TVs.
- Portable Digital Library (PDL) can handle video, audio, e-Books, PDF, JPG, and MS OFFICE content.
- It has inbuilt detailed analytics for both user and administrator.
- Multiple choice question banks can be created to test students. It controls user access and monitors the learning of individual users.
Key Features of Portable Digital Library
- Access to different forms of content(i.e Audio/Video/e-Books)
- Self-paced learning of the students
- Standard teaching-learning experience
- Students can learn and re-learn at an individual pace
Advantages Of Portable Digital Library
- No need for internet connectivity
- Facilitates playful learning
- Allows authorities to share learning accessible to students at anytime